If you play with Windows and especially Services you will find the following screen very familiar:
I especially turn to my Dell Wireless Utility to manage wireless network when I find that my laptop is not able to find networks in range
But after tons of research, I figured out that this is basically a direct effect of toying with the Services and disabling the “Event Logs”
To fix this follow the following steps:
1. Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services
2. Right click “Event Log” go to Properties
3. Change start type to “Automatic” and click Apply
4. The start button is now enabled. Click on the “Start” button
5. Restart your PC and you will be able to see wireless networks in range.
Thus, this is a direct effect of disabling the Event Logs.